365网站平台 Streaming Guidelines
With the rise of streaming services, it’s important to remember that educational use does not transcend the contract you signed for your personal subscription. The following information will shed light on the situation and answer some questions you may have regarding streaming content in the classroom.
How can I show documentaries and movies to my class?
365网站平台 subscribes to 时髦的K12流媒体. Much like Netflix or other streaming services, Swank allows users to log in and watch on their own computers wherever and whenever they like. The benefit of Swank is that teachers can assign documentaries in the portal or Google Classroom for students to watch asynchronously.
What if 时髦的K12流媒体 doesn't have what I was hoping to screen?
If you would like to show something that is not currently licensed, please let a librarian know and we will try to add it to our collection.
365网站平台 also has a public performance license (美国斯旺克电影授权公司) that enables you to show certain content via any format (streaming, DVD, 等.). 看看这里涵盖了什么.
Information about our public performance license to show certain content - Video Link & 版权 Link
If it’s educational and on Netflix, can I stream it in the classroom?
长回答: The Netflix End User License Agreement, which you agreed to when you created an account, specifies that the account is "only for your personal, 非商业用途.“在这方面，Netflix并不孤单; Amazon Prime, Hulu, and other personal streaming vendors do not grant rights for institutional or educational use.
This is important because licenses overrule copyright exemptions. Showing your personal DVD during class is covered by a specific copyright exemption (第110节), and showing clips can be covered by fair use (第107节). 然而, streaming videos from personal subscription vendors in your classroom when the license prohibits such viewings? There is no copyright exemption for that and the situation is problematic.
Showing Netflix in the classroom - Link
So, what can I stream in my classroom or at school events?
We have multiple avenues to maintain the ability to stream:
- 任何事情在 时髦的K12流媒体 (also available out of school time for students)
- Netflix’s Original Documentary List
- 美国斯旺克电影授权公司 site will explain what content is covered under our subscription for you to show via any format (school or personal DVDs, 流媒体的订阅, 等.).
- Various options below that provide excellent streaming content for the classroom.
Other Sources for Streaming Video
- Instant access to tens of thousands of FREE classroom-ready, digital resources including videos and interactives perfect for the Interactive Whiteboard, 加上音频和照片, 甚至是深入的课程计划.
- An online community for sharing instructional videos. 老师管 provides you with the opportunity to watch videos, download videos and post your own videos. Choose from almost 50,000 teacher produced videos.
联系 Ruth Neely or Lindsay Downs for information or if you have any issues accessing these resources.
Click on the icon below to register and gain access to over 4,000 captioned media titles
Click on the icon below to see how you can enable closed captioning using your VLC Media Player.
Additional 版权 Source Used:
www.哈德逊.k12.oh.365网站平台/页面/ 3643. 12月8日. 2020.
Ochtera,塔比瑟. 流媒体数据库:Netflix.” LibGuides1月25日. 2019年,莫雷.libguides.com/streaming/netflix. 署名CC. 访问1月28日. 2019.